Boiler Overheat

I believe it has an automatic valve and the pump does overrun.

Sponsored Links
An update on this query is that after turning the Grundfos pump speed to maximum, (it has always been one digit below) the system ran fine overnight.
Today I have increased the boiler temp from Mar 3 to Mark 4 as it is normally, and also increased the room stat from 21 to 23 degrees (as it normally is), and for the past hour, the system has run without overheating.
My own thoughts are that if it stays as it is (hope so), is that the pump was not working correctly and probably sticking, on the setting it was on and now that I have put to maximum, it is disipating the heat.
Anyone confirm that this is feasible?

Could be a problem with the Pump.

Reckon the guys were on the button again.

Change it now if its on the way out.

Sponsored Links
A further update is that the system is still running, but I have found that when I reduced the pump speed 1 below maximum, there was an overheat.
Reduce one digit more and there is a different sound on the pump, so hpefully the matter is now resolved. I will get a new pump fitted and in the meantime, leave the pump on maximum.
Other than the obvious (the speed the water is pumped) what is the correct or best speed to set a pump to run at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back