Boiler Packed in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Myson Apollo boiler in my home that has just given up the ghost the pilot light is out and will not re-ignite the boiler there is no spark at the pilot. When going outside to the vent I could smell gas so I turned of the gas isolator anyone any ideas please.

Sponsored Links
pilot injector blocked, pos needs new igniter as well. corgi job!

Obviously the pilot has extiguished and passing gas due to faulty FFD, Pieso igniter not working or spark eletrode broken.
All in all you need an RGI to find reason for smell of gas and make repairs on findings. DO NOT attempt to lite with a naked flame.

Sponsored Links
Thanks clf-gas Corgi chap coming in the morning to have a look and hopefully repair as its freezing up here in Scotland.

Thanks everyone for your help finally got it fixed this morning Pilot assembly was totally knackered and fell to bits and thermocouple was replaced by CORGI man, nice and warm now and can think about buying a new Combi boiler, any suggestions out there.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back