My heating has packed up HELP PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yet it will the restart totally normally. Still at least the house has warmed up a bit with all these ten minute spurts :)

Sponsored Links
Dan

Is the overheat sensor a little thing that comes off the thermo coupler ?

I thought the thermo coupler only kept the pilot going this stops when the boiler is running flat out.

It will be an "interrupter" stat which cuts the pilot off if the boiler gets too hot - which these are prone to do.

The stat itself can become a bit twitchy with age -- as I found recently when changing a pump and feed/vent arrangement. Didn't even touch the boiler!

Dan

And thats the most likely thing ? Damn I cant go restarting this every 5/10 minutes or so thats to boring for words :)

Sponsored Links
Well it looks like it is the over heat sensor. Me being me kept taking bits off until I found the sensor and I bridged it out (after some advice).

I know it cant run like that but for testing purposes it has now run for 30 minutes without cutting out.

All I have to do now is locate a new overheat sensor :(

Well after all that, for those interested, it was the thermocoupler. I fitted a universal one and hey presto I am warm again :)

Was the old thermocouple one with two lugs in the middle which the overheat stat connected to? If so it should only be replaced with a similar item.

Well it looks like it is the over heat sensor. Me being me kept taking bits off until I found the sensor and I bridged it out (after some advice).

I know it cant run like that but for testing purposes it has now run for 30 minutes without cutting out.

All I have to do now is locate a new overheat sensor :(

A "universal" thermocouple does not have any terminals to connect the over heat sensor on to.

Does this mean that you have done something dangerous and now have a boiler working without any overheat sensor?

Tony

Some of them have the interrupter as a special connection to the back of the gas valve so you can use a standard thermocouple.

More concerning I suppose is all the poking around in the combustion chamber...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back