Boiler pressure keeps going up to 4 bars

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks,

Got a bit of a prob with our boiler, it keeps going from the normal setting of 1.4 bar pressure all the way up to the maximum of 4 bar in a matter of hours.

This is causing some dripping from an "overflow" pipe going out of the wall.

The only way we've found to lower the pressure at the moment is to drain a radiator in the kitchen to bring it back down but it's just going back up in a few hours after we do this.

It's an old Ravenheat boiler but until last week we've never come across this problem and I know at the moment the heating is on a lot but no more than it's been over winter so I'm a little puzzled at to why it might be doing this.

Any suggestions hugely appreciated! Should I be worrying about getting a new boiler (we're a bit skint so that's not ideal!) or a plumber?

Many thanks,

James.

Sponsored Links
ChrisR said:
See the FAQ!

"Boiler Pressure Problems".

Chris, Are sure thats in FAQ?

I think GasAid mught have sent him to the right place.

Sponsored Links
I couldn't see anything that seemed to match my problem in the faq's but honestly I don't know entirely what I'm looking for so that other thread was useful but I think I'm going to have to call out a boiler repair person.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back