Boiler Pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a very old style Combi boiler and tank system in our flat. Must be the same system since the flat was built in the 60's. The heating works fine but when we turn it off before going to bed, we find in the morning the pressure has dropped to zero,
I then have to refill the boiler the following evening and go through the whole process again. I have checked all the raidators and cannot find a leak. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Hello mate.. Its not so much a reply but a question for you... how do you refill the pressure??

Hi there

I fill it by turning open the valve which pushes the pressure on the boiler to 1,5 bar.

Hope this makes sense

Craig

There won't need to be much of a leak in a system that's closed to lose pressure, but any leak is a problem in a house. I'd suggest that you look for it before the pipes get hot as the leak may evaporate off the hot pipes before you find it.

joe

Sponsored Links
craigschlebusch said:
I have checked all the raidators and cannot find a leak. Any suggestions?

Does it repressurise in a matter of seconds? Less than 5?

If so check the pressure when the system is hot, if it goes anyway above 2.5 bar suspect the expansion vessel needs attention.

In any case look for signs of dripping from the safety valve discharge pipe which is routed outside, and is normally just below the boiler. You'll need to remedy both before you can rest easy; and don't forget to add some corrosion inhibitor at the end.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back