boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
heatline solaris 30pc just had the heating on and by chance went in to kitchen the boiler display panel was flashing blue, pressure was up to 3.0 bar and the code was fo had a look in the book and it says no water pressure turned the heating off and checked a rad but its got water in it im going to ring bg in a bit as its on a service plan, just thot i`d post to see what you guys think it is thanks in advance ken

Sponsored Links
boilers been in 4yrs now the pressure has slowly been getting higher when c/h on i was here when it was fitted he boiled the system twice and flushed it twice then added fernox was this not enough

In the last 4 years I'm assuming you've had to top the pressure up from time to time? If so, fresh water = corrosion

Sponsored Links
it has been topped up a few times because when i decorate i take the rad off but when i put it back i all ways add more fernox about 1/2 litre per rad, i was told to try this, drain off some water into a jam jar and put 3 wire nails in to the jar wait 2 wks and see if they rust they didnt so i assumed it was upto strength

boilers been in 4yrs now the pressure has slowly been getting higher when c/h on i was here when it was fitted he boiled the system twice and flushed it twice then added fernox was this not enough
Filling and draining the system twice will do little more than nothing to get the old crap out.
At least a week with chemicals, only works in winter when the heating is on, or when that is not an option, a powerflush, preferably with acid.

check the expansion vessel :?:

bg engineer called and as soon as i told him symptoms he said expansion vessel he stripped boiler down did whatever it is you do to them checked it all fired up the boiler it worked perfectly, he said we had done quite well really 4 yrs and first time it had needed pressurising some need it every year,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back