boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently had new rads fitted,all balanced working ok.call for hot water and boiler stops.it will give hot water,but wont go back to heating.have to switch off and on to reset.then a call for hot water have to reset again and so on.boiler is a gloworm xtrafast.any possible causes remedys.thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
I cannot really follow what you are trying to describe.

The onvious answer is to call back whoever fitted the new radiators.

Tony

the rads are heating up fine no prob,as soon as anyone turns a hot tap on,the boiler gives hot water,then wont do anything else until i reset the boiler.its as if someones told it to stop the heating process.

the rads were fitted by myself pretty stright forward,just took the old ones out relaced with new.and 1 extra in garage.the blue pressure valve was accidentally turned by mistake,thinking it was pressure relief valve,would this make a difference.

Sponsored Links
Whats the system pressure? It should be about 1.5 Bar cold.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back