Boiler problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok guys I need some advice, the pilot light on my boiler keeps going out after about 5 minutes when I fire my heating system up. Anyone any idea what the problem may be.

Sponsored Links
Not until you tell us what boiler you have.

We are good, but not that good.

Sponsored Links
no noises, just fires up as normal stays ok for about 5 mins then cuts out when it reaches a certain temperature and pilot light goes out.

has it been serviced in the past year,
pilot injector might need cleaning

not been house that long, boiler seems in in reasonable condition although I suspect it may be quite old but well maintained by the previous owner. I had a new pump fitted about 3 months ago and the plumber said the boiler was in reasonable condition. Dont really want to call the plumber out again without any advice as I got stung over the pump installation £70.00per hour, (ouch).

not sure u got stung there,
but anyway, a service would be a good call, it would identify anything dangerous as well.

Your not sure I got stung, £70.00 per hour x 4 hours plus £90.00 for the pump plus £20.00 for 2 valves all plus the lovely VAT. I have to work 2 weeks to earn that ammount.

£458.25 to change a pump then.
Is this a record? And he forgot to charge for the inhibitor.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back