Boiler Pump on Gledhill Themal Store

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.. little bit of advice needed for myself, I try and do most pluming maintanence myself at home (apart from gas stuff!)

I need to replace the boiler pump on my Gledhill Gulfstream 2000. It's a Grundfos 15/50 and it needs to be replaced due to an electrical issue rather than a problem with the impellor/pump side of things.

Now, my question - can I replace JUST the motor / electric part and avoid having to drain down the boiler, or must it be drained either way? Sadly this is the only pump in the system that doesn't have isolation valves!

Cheers :)
James

Sponsored Links
Yes as long as you replace it with another Grunfoss, four allen screws and it's off.

Not familiar with the Gulfstream but the Gledhils that I have repaired have had a slightly deeper impeller so using a standard CH 15-50 may cost you a little in performance

Sponsored Links
I've found a similar thread talking about replacing the "head" of the pump, which I presume is what I'd be doing.

It also mentions bleeding the pump but doesn't say how. Could you let me know how it's done? :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back