Boiler/Radiator Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I took off two radiators for decorating purposes. Then the heating stopped working. I put one of them back and tried to bleed the valve. The boiler starts for about 10 seconds and then stops. It makes lots of spluttering noises and I cannot get any hot water. The boiler is a glowworm fuelsaver mk2. Any Ideas??? :?: :?: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
yes, the pump appears to be working, i can hear some humming noice when i turn the boiler on.also there is a "Flexcon"guage by the boiler. The needle is at 0 and when you turn the heating on struggles to get to about a quarter. then the boiler turns off. The guage range is 1 - 4 with a green area marked between 1.5 and 3. Matthew

Sponsored Links
Do you have a sealed system? like, is it a combi boiler? If so you have depleted the pressure by taking the radiator off, and/or bleeding. You should check the air pressure in the expansion vessel first. For two storeys should be 0.5 bar. Then connect the filling loop and open the valve slowly to increase system pressure to o.7 on the gauge. Bleed rads and top up pressure from time to time until air is out of system.

For more info try a few searches for expansion vessels etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back