Boiler/Radiators/Pipes mkaing odd noises.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,

i really know very little about boilers or even d.i.y but i will try to give relevant info but if i dont i apologise in advance.

We have recently moved into rented accommodation and have only just started to have the heating coming on as the house kept very warm during the summer.

We have a separate boiler for water which is in our bathroom and one for heating which is under the stairs on the ground floor. The heating boiler is a glowworm fuelsaver mk2.

We have it coming on a timer at 6am-9am and 6pm-10pm, when it is on it makes loud banging noises (very difficult to describe) and the pipes/radiators also make odd noises almost like running water or someone rustling silver foil.

Does anybody know what this could mean or whether we should ask the landlord to check it out?

if u want any more info just ask, i hope that this is ok

cheers carl

Sponsored Links
Does anybody know ...... whether we should ask the landlord to check it out?
Yes, get onto your landlord pronto. It's his/her problem - it's what you pay rent for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back