boiler replacent cost

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are replacing our old boiler as its knackered....we want the new boiler fitted in the exact same place as the old one and wondered roughly what the costs would be.

We did phone one guy who quoted £2400 but thought that seemed way too much....any info appreciated

Sponsored Links
Depends on the make/type of the boiler. You can get boilers for £500 or £1500+ So that can make the quotes vary by a significant amount. Suggest you research or get some advice on a particular make boiler that suits your needs and then get like for like quotes. Also cost of labour might vary depending where you live and how much work might be involved changing any pipework. Also ensure you get the work done by someone who is gas safe registered and you get appropriate certificates etc...

I recommend getting a good brand boiler as they usually come with a decent warranty like a Bosch with 5 years etc...

Where do you live?

What is exact model of current boiler?

What is the fault with it?

Tony

Sponsored Links
A friend bought a new car for £142,000.

Do you think it was expensive or a real bargain?

Agile...im in scotland ..My boiler is a halstead ace which fires up for a second and cuts out. Its old and probably safer to replace rather than repair....previously we only had hot water with the heating on and so i changed the diaphram but that never fixed the problem.

Dan....the new boiler will be in the exact same place as the old one not relocated. Even if the boiler costs 1k ....1400 seems way too high for labour costs.

A friend bought a new car for £142,000.

Do you think it was expensive or a real bargain?[/QUOTE

That would depend on the age, what model it was and also the rarity value .....some cars are a better investment than putting money in the bank

Why do you think £1400 is for labour? Do you know which boiler they were going to install? Also if you think that's too much, do some due diligence and get multiple quotes (again quoting like for like)

Ok lets say £200 for a few new valves and some pipe should it be needed.....1200 still seems high.
^ This example would be parts not labour. But again do you know for certain £1400 was for labour and the quote was for a £1k boiler? with no inhibitor, testing, draining of the system, flushing, balancing your radiators, etc....

£2400 for a new boiler isn't much to go on and we need more information in order to advise as would a company needing to provide a quote.

Again - Why do you think £1200 is labour?

Are you assuming that your existing boiler is installed to the current standards also? Gas supplies on Halstead's are rather prone to being undersized due to the fact that being cheap nasty boilers, they were often thrown in on the cheap by people trying to get a job done as quickly and as cheaply as possible and to Hell with the niceties.

Just had a local company round...they quoted 1800 to supply and fit an ideal logic plus condensing boiler....says its straight forward ....is this a good reliable boiler agile?

Not my favourite

But a not too bad budget boiler.

Not much more than I would charge either!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back