Boiler Saga Continues - Probable Leak...(Update 24/12/20 - Trace and Access visit)

Sponsored Links
That will tell you the square root of nothing, put it in a bowl with the boiler switched completely off

OK. I was doing that to understand how much water was produced as condensate but probably not worth it. I'll test it out when it's got to temp in the house.

Sponsored Links
I was doing that to understand how much water was produced as condensate
But condensate production is never a constant, doing what you described will tell you absolutely nothing, turn everything off and put the hose in a bowl, you have been constantly asked to do this

But condensate production is never a constant, doing what you described will tell you absolutely nothing, turn everything off and put the hose in a bowl, you have been constantly asked to do this

Oh crap, I've missed this. It's in a measuring jug now.

Last edited:
This is the result of about an hour of the boiler being off and the pressure going from 1.5 to 0:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/KDdvC2rHNELzWwza7

GLsqWjq.jpg

Last edited:
This is after topping the pressure up and checking rads upstairs for air.

Edit: I also ran a bath for my daughter so that could also be condensate?

Ps07Q1K.jpg

ZqxCHxB.jpg

Last edited:
I also ran a bath for my daughter so that could also be condensate?
if you are not going to follow ALL the steps you have been asked to do then why do you expect to get the correct help, you were told turn the boiler off completely, not run baths not just use some radiators, sorry but I am out, some people just can not be helped

It could be condensate if you had the boiler running for a bit.. you should try it for a while without using the boiler at all, also if you go for the dropping pipes from above idea it might be worth fitting rad valves with drain cocks.

Good luck pal (y)

if you are not going to follow ALL the steps you have been asked to do then why do you expect to get the correct help, you were told turn the boiler off completely, not run baths not just use some radiators, sorry but I am out, some people just can not be helped

Wow, apologies. I misunderstood the instructions, I thought it was turning the boiler off and not letting it heat up. The first picture is water from the boiler not doing anything at all. Heating or hot water. I couldn't not run my daughter a bath for her routine but agree it was a bit stupid to put the second picture up having run the bath.

It could be condensate if you had the boiler running for a bit.. you should try it for a while without using the boiler at all, also if you go for the dropping pipes from above idea it might be worth fitting rad valves with drain cocks.

Good luck pal (y)

Should the boiler be off as in turned off at the switch?

Managed to turn the boiler off for an hour today. Boiler lost pressure. Absolutely zero water expelled from the pipe.

Floor up re-pipe job is the way forward

OK very last attempt at helping you, do EXACTLY as I say, tomorrow, set the boiler pressure to 1.5 Bar, with upstairs and downstairs both open, turn the power OFF to the boiler dont bleed anything dont touch anything then go back and see what the pressure is a few hours after, has it moved ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back