boiler shutting off repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I've been reading some good threads to solve my boiler problem . The DHW of my Ariston Microgenus 27MFFI keeps cutting off about every 20 seconds for about 10 seconds. If i turn down the temperature dial on the control panel it happens less or not at all - but then the water is not hot enough!

Threads I've read suggest it could be the Secondary Heat Exchanger, diverter valve, DHW flow switch or DHW temperature sensor.

Which order would be best to carry out the above in. Presently I've taken out the Secondary Heat Exchanger and giving it a good soak in sludge remover. If that doesn't work what's next?

Hope you're having a better Sunday than I am. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Best to wait until you've replaced the plate, if you still have a problem, ask then.

OK,

I cleaned the plate and the DHW appears to be working fine now :D

However, the same cutting off happens with the central heating still. It works for a couple of minutes then cuts off for a minute. Rads get nice and hot though.

I've got some sludge remover circulating in the system to see if that helps.

OK,

However, the same cutting off happens with the central heating still. It works for a couple of minutes then cuts off for a minute. Rads get nice and hot though.

I've got some sludge remover circulating in the system to see if that helps.

Heating will do that anyway just might be more obvious especially if the heating circs are restricted. Not a major issue if all is getting hot

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'll keep my eye on it come the cold weather.

Been looking at the magnaclean and a salemander scale inhibitor to put on the system. Would professionals recommend these to keep system clean?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back