Boiler sounds like a vacuum - please help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've had the boiler (Optia) serviced not 3 weeks ago and tonight when I turned it on, the noise coming from it resembled that of a vacuum (normally its just a dull, deep rumble). It begins when the boiler starts but doesn't get quieter as it goes, it stays loud enough to be heard throughout the house. The boiler itself is a condensing model and only 2-3yrs old. Does anyone have idea what may be causing this loud noise? The boiler itself lights up ok and is producing hot water/radiators, it just sounds so very loud all of a sudden and not particularly healthy.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
:) I will but being Bank Holiday and work etc next week, it could be a week before I can get him back and I'm concerned having this noise is damaging something. Plus a week without heatings gonna be cold esp as still got snow here.

Sponsored Links
The bank holiday may make it difficult to get someone in but beyond that the ball is in your court.
Getting someone in is the only thing that you can do and the only advice you will get regarding this gas appliance - sorry!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back