boiler still on when programer sliders are switched off

Sponsored Links
terminal 2 on your programmer is central heating on
Not according to the diagram on the back of the EP2002! (You have to look at it very carefully.) The words OFF and ON do not relate to the terminal numbers but to the little circles representing the switch contacts.
(I see there's a spelling mistake on one of the labels! - see the OPs original pic :rolleyes: )

1 = HW OFF
2 = CH 0FF
3 = HW ON
4 = CH ON
5 = CH common

Why is there a wire in no 2 (CH OFF) - should it be in no 1 (HW OFF)? This would make more sense if the system had a mid-position valve.

The orange wire from the chock block to no 2 is definitely not needed, but the link from L to no 5 is required.

Who wired this up - a plumber with no electrical experience or an electrician with no heating experience?

Not according to the diagram on the back of the EP2002! (You have to look at it very carefully.)

Who wired this up - a plumber with no electrical experience or an electrician with no heating experience?

you right of course, I should wear my glasses when staring at these diagrams. who wired it up ? somebody with a deep misunderstanding of heating controls.

it was a plumber who did it,thanks for your help,will have to give them a ring a get them back or have you any other suggestions i could try first

Sponsored Links
it was a plumber who did it,thanks for your help,will have to give them a ring a get them back or have you any other suggestions i could try first
The plumber should be able to sort it out but, as he got it wrong the first time, there is no guarantee he will do any better the second. :rolleyes:

Alternatively you could have a go (with our help ;) ), but we would need more details about your system. In particular:

Which motorized valve(s) you have
Which wall thermostat you have
Which HW cylinder stat you have
Which wiring centre (junction box) you have

Pics of all components (with covers off if possible) would save a lot of time. You can embed a pic in your post by:

first uploading them;
then click on "Show my Images" (below the text entry box)
then click the image to embed in the post.

This makes it easier to follow.

The orange wire creates a voltage when the motor valve is in the activated position and that is used to start the boiler.
We are not talking about the orange wire in the motorized valve but the orange wire shown in the OPs pic of the back of the EP2002.

Pay attention at the back of the class! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Where do the grey and black in the EP2002 terminals 3 and 4 go to?

If you can find out, I may have sussed it.

no idea at the mo will try and find out.here is a pic of the wiring box in cylinder cupboard hope it makes sense will try and sort the wires out better so you can see better.

I wonder if the other plumber has fubared your programmer, he has linked a permanent live to the room stat bypassing the programmer and I have no idea what the logic was of putting another live on terminal 2 ch off, hopefully I will be wrong.

putting voltage through wires shows black number 4 in programer goes to number 2 in the wiring block,grey from #3 in prog showing voltage in #'s 2,4,6,7,and 9 if thats right.i have just turned the electric off for the supply and connected a low voltage power pack to each wire and the put the tester on upstairs in the wiring block and thats the results,is that correct

if number 4 in the programmer is connected to 2 in the wiring centre the programmer will probably be knackered as number 2 is the neutral block. I take it you have numbered the wiring centre from the left.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back