boiler using 35sec oil - can it be switched to 28sec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Wondered if anyone can give me a bit of advice. I am Oftec registered but have not come across this situation before. A boiler (Trianco Eurostar 90) i was at has been run using Gas oil and was wondering how simple it would be to switch to Kerosene?

Would the old steel tank and oil line need to be cleaned out first if so?

Look forward to any words of wisdom.

:)

Sponsored Links
Far be it from me to dispense any words of wisdom, but a burner running on kerosene rather than gas oil would need a nozzle change...somewhat larger for kero (ie from .55 up to .85 say) and quite a significant reduction of pump pressure (250 psi down to 130, for example).
A mixture of the two fuels would soon stabilise so long as the tank level was low before refilling, the filter is best cleaned anyway and the oil lines will be fine.
John :)

Thanks Burnerman, I did assume a nozzle change would need to be done. I suppose the pump pressure is higher with gas oil due to the viscosity.

The tank is empty apart from any dregs left on the bottom, so i'll change the filter and take a new nozzle.

Appreciate the advice.

Sponsored Links
Would agree mostly with Burnerman but check current settings first as pressure may be already much lower than suggested 250psi. For instance i serviced a Trianco the other day running happily on red with a 1 gal nozzle at 9 bar. Also while the tank is low check for sludge and water before refill with kero. Stix.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back