boiler wont start

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys
Be gentle with me I am a single female , this is my first post.
I have a Halstead boiler 8 years old.
I have just drained all the system of water and put central heating cleaner in.
Refilled the system it worked fine except for the 3 radiators on the top floor, my house has 3 floors.
Took advice and closed all radiators except top floor and turned the heating on one rad on the top floor got hot.
(There is no air in the radiators I bled them.)
Now the boiler wont start ! I checked the fuse that's fine.
Its not a combi boiler.
Help !!
Vall
:oops:

Sponsored Links
Hi Guys
Be gentle with me I am a single female , this is my first post.
I have a Halstead boiler 8 years old.
I have just drained all the system of water and put central heating cleaner in.
Refilled the system it worked fine except for the 3 radiators on the top floor, my house has 3 floors.
Took advice and closed all radiators except top floor and turned the heating on one rad on the top floor got hot.
(There is no air in the radiators I bled them.)
Now the boiler wont start ! I checked the fuse that's fine.
Its not a combi boiler.
Help !!
Vall
:oops:
I am blond, not stupid. :rolleyes:

Why did you feel the need to drain down and add a cleaner.

And please don't say you were spring cleaning :cool:

Which model boiler is it.

Do you have tanks in the loft, or fill it with a filler loop.

Are any leds on, or making a noise.

Sponsored Links
I find it quite offensive that you assume we expect all blonde females to be dumb; do you have a prejudice against technical males?
I am sure that you will be intelligent enough to describe in your next post what you have, rather than what you don't have; there are more than 2 possibilities.

Why did you feel the need to drain down and add a cleaner.

And please don't say you were spring cleaning :cool:

Which model boiler is it.

Do you have tanks in the loft, or fill it with a filler loop.

Are any leds on, or making a noise.
Hi thank you for your reply
I drained down and added a cleaner because my ex was a gas engineer I spent thousands of hours sitting in pubs, with him drawing on the back of envelopes as he explained the latest "job"
I understand a tiny bit about it, or thought I did....
The spring cleaning bit above made me smile, that was the type of joke he would crack. (Your not him are you ???) :eek:
To explain its a bog standard CH system not a combi with a Fand E tank in the loft.
The update is I think I have worked out why the boiler didnt start, well it did start then it would go off for a bit, then it would start (I sound like a woman now) the boiler heats the water and I ran the water off the other day and the boiler started (the immersion tank is in the kitchen) so I think the stat on the immersion heater is switching the boiler off, and not allowing it to start until the temp of the water drops (do I sound like a gas engineer or wot... :p )which leads me to think the diverter vales are gone.
Present situation is CH works if I drain the hot water off :oops:
Thank you all for your kind reply s, please accept my apologies for coming back in here late, to make a reply. :rolleyes:
There is nothing wrong with bald men :rolleyes:

I drained down and added a cleaner because my ex was a gas engineer I spent thousands of hours sitting in pubs, with him drawing on the back of envelopes as he explained the latest "job"

Well the obvious answer is to do whats common in our industry:_

CALL HIM BACK !

If he is any good then I would expect him to first check the pump. See if its bled of air and turning.

If he was not so good the he would look at the FAQ on this site and see all the things that he could check.

Why did you get rid of him anyway? Presumably he was earning over £80 pa and gas engineers are ( mostly ) nice guys ?

Tony

CALL HIM BACK !

If he is any good then I would expect him to first check the pump. See if its bled of air and turning.

If he was not so good the he would look at the FAQ on this site and see all the things that he could check.

Why did you get rid of him anyway? Presumably he was earning over £80 pa and gas engineers are ( mostly ) nice guys ?

Tony

Tony,

Sometimes you crease me up, and this is one such occasion. :LOL: :LOL:

CALL HIM BACK !

Tony

He died of cancer last year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back