boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a lynx2 potterton boiler that when i try to draw hot water it only gets lukewarm but if i switch the central heating on it does get hotter i suspect it to be diverter valve but does anyone have any other ideas
many thanks john

Sponsored Links
If it fires up with CH off then the diverter is likely to be OK but UNLESS the rads het hot when taking DHW.

Otherwise the problem will be something else, scaled HE or sensor etc.

Tony

thanks for the reply and i forgot to mention that when its on dhw and its lukewarm all the rads do start to heat up

Thats the diverter valve !!

Isolate the flow and returns under the boiler then run the water ,, if it gets hotter then its gotta be the diverter,, remember to open the flow and returns after the test ;)

Sponsored Links
it does get hotter like you said so im looking at the diverter . Thanks for your advice. Could you please explain how the valve works with the hot water i thought they were 2 seperate systems. Just one thing it would be the valve and not the motor thanks john

The water is seperate but the diverter unsurprisingly diverts the system water away from the rads when the boiler is providing DHW.

Or in your case doesn't !

Tony

I dont know as I have not inspected your boiler!

Most likely to be the moving part is not fully moving or may just be jammed.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back