Boilermate 2000 terminated replacement advice please.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi . I'm having to terminate my boilermate 2000 as its leaking from the front.

As far as I know the replacement model is the BM BP but as I understand this model doesnt support a heating flow return the way the 2000 did.

The new set up would have the central heating flow/return fed from the small boiler downstairs and have a tee off to supply the cylinder for hot water .

Bare with me I'm an electrician so not quite getting my head round this .

The problem I face is that the potterton suprima which currently feeds the 2000 is only a small 40L boiler . My plumber doesnt think this is sufficient to do the new job .

The small potterton only has flow/return to cylinder

The cuboard with the 2000 has no gas but all other pipework including CH Flow return.

Another plumber I know recommends changing to a 38kw combi , but this would involve alterating the gas pipes and fluing out the roof.

Can someone please recommend my best option ?

The house has 9 rads , mixer shower , mixer bath , 4 basins , WM and DW.

The bath is not used that much but the shower we currently have has great pressure and instant hot water , we we would like to maintain that .

As far as I know miller homes fitted this set up in lots of new builds so I'm keen to hear if anyone has installed a new system.

Sorry for long post and thank you in advance for any advice .

Jamie (Glasgow)

Sponsored Links
usually switch to an unvented hot water system, but you need to check if the boiler will be sufficient to heat the radiators. I would try and avoid Gledhill thermalstores, they're absolute junk.

Hi

Bare with me I'm an electrician so not quite getting my head round this .

Jamie (Glasgow)

That means to take off your clothes! Probably not what you intended.

I expect you wanted to say "bear" with me!

I might be missing something here but why not
replace the thermal store you have with another one?

Failing this unvented cylinder.

While the thermal store you had would have smoothed out
the heating demand I wouldn't expect any problem with your
existing boiler supplying just 9 radiators.

Use a boiler sizing guide (search for boiler sizing guide based on your house etc) just search on the internet for it there are a few.

Sponsored Links
The problem is that the 2000 is now discontinued .

The 2000 was an all in one type unit that controlled everything with a large electrical pcb. So the central heating was all supplied using stored water from the tank .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back