BoilerMate OV A Class should you leave on constant.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just purchased a new house with a boiler in the kitchen and a BoilerMate OV A Class ABA 4200 in the airing cupboard. The developer said to leave the boiler set to max and the hot water on constant. The house is like a oven! Should I be looking at turning the temperature down at the boilerMate? and could I have it come on twice a day like the 'old' system we had. I appreciate that they have been designed to be left on but the heat its generating must be using a lot of Gas.

What are the tips for running a system like this?

Thanks in advance!

N.B . There is only one person in the house so the advantages of being able to have lots of showers and baths running at the same time are not required.

Sponsored Links
Why don't you turn off the heating with the switch on the unit or set the room thermostat.

There is no heating on its only the water that is on constant. Its the latent heat from the boiler (In Kitchen) and the store in the airing cupboard that are heating the house. As an example the lounge is 22.9 and the bedroom 21.9 with no radiators working at this rate there is no requirement for radiators!.

Not getting much joy getting this sorted. But FYI the boiler is firing every 2.5 minutes for 30 seconds and the hot water is very hot. I cannot believe this is correct. With no heating at the end of Oct the house is now 23.9 degrees. I know we have global warming but ....

Sponsored Links
the boiler stat needs to be set tomax to ensure the store reaches temp and shuts off the boiler , it sounds as if this is not happening so either the boiler stat is not at max or the cylinder stat is set too high .

the boiler stat needs to be set tomax to ensure the store reaches temp and shuts off the boiler , it sounds as if this is not happening so either the boiler stat is not at max or the cylinder stat is set too high .

Thanks lor, The boiler (Potterton L70) is set to max. I will call somebody out to check the Boilermate temp. Something must be wrong the boiler is running for 4.8hrs in 24, just to provide hot water for 1 shower in the morning and 1 shower in the evening with the odd hand wash. Hardly what I would call an efficient system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back