Help with Boilermate OV A-class

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I’m hoping someone might be able to help me with a situation I have regarding my hot water. As stated I have in my property a Boilermate OV A-class and Worcester boiler. The problems I’m having is the water temperature doesn’t seem to be getting hot enough, you notice this most in when trying to run a bath. You can solely run the hot tap and the water by the time it’s half filled is only lukewarm. This does also happen in the kitchen downstairs, and sometimes the taps upstairs as well. The taps are slightly more varied with how bad it gets but the bath is always the same. It is a mixer tap with shower hose attachment as well. I do also get problems with a shower on a different floor in the house when that will all of a sudden will run stone cold half way through a shower and then go back to hot enough again. After doing some internet research, a lot of threads talk about a mixer valve, but I cannot see one anywhere?? I’m Unsure also how you actually set the hot water temperature?? I gather you can also do some sort of fault scan on the Boilermate to test the sensors by the buttons at the top but with no instructions even this seems a bit risky for me to start pressing buttons and hoping for the best lol. Any help greatly appreciated.

Tim

Sponsored Links
P.s. The central heating system seems to be working as it should with the radiators working ok to the best of my knowledge.

Sponsored Links
These Boilermate’s didn’t have a mixing/blending valve on them like the earlier ones.

Do you get scale where you live? Possibly scaled domestic plate heat exchanger or a mixer tap somewhere in property faulty and passing cold water to all taps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back