Boilers n that

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Anybody know of any sites where i could find out more about boilers and how they work. Where i can see how the different parts work etc.

cheers

Sponsored Links
Download boiler manuals from er.... boiler manufacturers sites. :idea:

buy plumbing, boiler, central heating, gas appliances etc...books

Come to Scarborough for a week, carry my tools, keep your bloody trap shut, say nothing to customers, look and learn. Doin't ask dumb fool questions like where are we going now? Don't stop for a fag every 1/2 hour. I don't mind if you smoke aslong as you don't stop work.

Sponsored Links
1 get a job
2 get on a course NVQ 3 at least
3 get on boiler manufacturers courses
4 Get working with an experianced engineer
5 Get working on boilers 24 hours a day
6 7 days a week
7 52 weeks a year
8 fight with every crap boiler that has ever been invented
find out that boilers, in essence hate you and never play the game (especially on a fri at about 1700hrs)
9 do 5 to 8 for about twenty years and you might just get there

alternatively get Agiles mobile number :):):):):):):):)

bring boilers back to your house and take them apart bit by bit, each bit you take off go and find out how it works, once you know put it aside and the take another part off.

in time you will be as sad as me and have enough boiler parts to make your own multi manufacturer super duper condensing time machine.

good luck Doc.

..and if your not getting people telling you to 'SHUT UP'.... Then your not asking enough questions! (i get this every day ;) ).

Magnus Magnusson.

corgiman said:
1 get a job
6 7 days a week
7 52 weeks a year
8 fight with every rubbish boiler that has ever been invented
find out that boilers, in essence hate you and never play the game (especially on a fri at about 1700hrs)

that's how you learn't son :LOL: :LOL: ;)

kevplumb said:
corgiman said:
1 get a job
6 7 days a week
7 52 weeks a year
8 fight with every rubbish boiler that has ever been invented

that's how you learn't son :LOL: :LOL: ;)

you know it my dear old pappy

Iron thingumi jigger with water in it ..... Fire underneath ....... A few pipes tossed around, the odd pump, & bobs your uncle ;)

fitz1 said:
and dont be on the mobile every 5 mins.

Or I'll cut off your thumb!

My m8 was up a roof, had sent his lad down to the van for a widget. Ages later, 'cause he couldn't get on he had to go down himself, caught the little snot texting away. Snot is now jobless.

OP if you have a big enough space at home, ask your local guys if you can take away their removed boilers for them, actually you'll help them get them off the wall, no strings attached.

Then you get an in. Keep your gob shut, ask no questions 'cause they'll all be stupid at first and the guy is too busy for that. Get stuck in, remove all his rubbish aswwell as his boilers.

Take them home strip them and learn all about them, study MI's for the ones you have (off the net).

Eventually these guys will ask what you do with the boilers, show them how keen you are to learn, you've already demonstarted willingness, ability, keenness, at the very least they will discuss with you what you have learned, ranging through come along when I go to a repair, to are you looking for a JOB?

Wo, we weant way over your head.

Good for a laugh though, and lots of cynicism.

Shucks my humour on the electrics UK was well misunderstood. Nice to be amongst folk with a sense of humour. Spose sparkies are like Germans.

I remember fondly how my dad and I would roll about on the floor when Yes Minister or Faulty Towers were on, my German step mother used to sit there looking pussled saying "I don't know vot you find so funny". When she would crack a joak she expressed a loud domineering forced laugh. I vill tell you ven to laugh.

How can my mobile number be any alternative to doing the usual?

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back