Bonfire advice

I was a scout and we did survival weekends now and then.. making shelters from branches and ferns etc..
was shown / told how to catch, and cook things like rabbits and hedgehogs etc..

Sponsored Links
Green waste is difficult to fire, if you do get it burning have a hosepipe to hand, be careful of hot embers getting under your eves and under no circumstances use petrol to get it going.
Best bet is to contact a local tree surgeon with a chipper to dispose of the waste.

I'd go with oompah's advice, or failing that, if your local community are organising a communual bonfire ask them if they want it for theirs - they might even come and collect it for you! Our local community centre have one every 5th Nov and invite people to drop off suitable material to help make a bigger bonfire.

Sponsored Links
Do what i do, let it dry over the next few months, then burn it, no plastics, or other inferior products. then you will have the best potash in world, no chemicals, just as nature intended it.

My neighbour tried lighting a garden fire using petrol, he ended up looking like Guy Fawkes

Id go with the suggestion of shredding it, more likely paying somone to shred it with one of those towed shredders. You'd be there for weeks with a little bosch shredder :LOL:

nothing wrong with using a bit of petrol if it is in moderation. when i first moved into my house i had a few bonfires to clear the garden rubbish. i used around half a tea mug worth of petrol just to get the flames going.
petrol is only dangerous when you get silly and start tipping loads on then try and light it. next door neighbour did this - after a very loud bang and 12 foot high flames the firebrigade turned up!

Also dont try and burn plastics or carpets etc - certainly a sure way to p**s off your neighbourhood.

Sponsored Links
Back