bosch boiler not iginiting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
bosch combi boiler RD 532, when turn on, iginition light isn't on, after a while, the front display keep flashing with C 1, seems everything is fine except cann't light on.
no hot water and heating,, after change gas meter,never use for a couple of month.
PLZ help

Sponsored Links
Not 100% but think C1 is a fan speed fault so might need replaced or check the voltage going to the fan is correct.

Kev

C1 defo not a gas fault im sure but if you have a gas cooker then try lighting that and if OK system is purged fine! If not then contact transco and have them purge the system for you correctly.

Still thinking the fan though!

Kev

Sponsored Links
C1 is not a gasfault.
It would be good to know that the boiler was working when the meter was changed.
The nature of the fault is such that I would not go further with it on the open forum; it should be checked by a RGI.

c1 is a fan fault, almost certainly a new fan required.

C1 is not a gasfault.
It would be good to know that the boiler was working when the meter was changed.
The nature of the fault is such that I would not go further with it on the open forum; it should be checked by a RGI.

thanks a lot, I remembered they checked the boiler after changing meter,
got hot water.

P.s most meter exchanges are now carried out by contract firms such as enterprise and onstream and not the DNs such as NGrid, WAW, NGN etc. Problems with meter installs have to go via gas supplier now unless it's an emergency obviously.
Transco as they were called aren't even able to change a semi concealed meter now. If it's leaking they cap it and cust has to ask gas supplier to arrange exchange. One person up here waited a week!!!
Bit of a joke the whole metering get up at the minute

Without a flue gas analyser and digital pressuretester you would not be able to set it up properly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back