Bosch Dishwasher which one?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been looking at bosch dishwashers and htere seems quite a few to choose from, narrowed it down to too..

SMS40C02GB (289)
SMS53E22GB (339 with cashback)

Seems like the SMS53E22GB is an older model, I can see it has more features and it has a heat exchanger (not sure what it does though) whilst the SMS40 doesn't

Just wondering whether it is worth getting the SMS40 at a lower price or does the extra 50 justify the sms53 (even though its an older model?)

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
If you mean what I think you do, the heat exchanger ones store some of the heat from your previous wash and use it when heating the cold water in your next wash, this means they use less electricity.

If you look at the product specs (try John Lewis or the Bosch site) it should tell you how much electricity each machine uses per wash or per "typical" year.

Bosch is a very sound make with good reliability.

In my experience they all wash about the same, and most of the working parts are the same. You will only ever use one of the programs, and maybe occasionally the rinse and hold, so no point in paying extra for programs you don't use. The delay start is a useful feature as you can shove stuff into it throughout the day and it will wash them for you at a time of your choosing, I like mine to run about bedtime.

In my experience, the more complicated the machine, the more likely it is to go wrong and the more expensive to repair.

p.s.
just looked t the "Which" report. Both the models you mention were below par at washing things clean. Maybe that's why it's been reduced? Lots of Bosch customers read "Which"

For a "Which" Bosch Best Buy, espacially if you can find on at a reduction, look at (Best first)
Bosch
SMS40A02GB
£450

Siemens
SN65M031GB
£440

Bosch
SPS40C12GB Classixx
£299
(sorry, this last one is a slimline)

more expensive Best Buys, in case you find one on offer (best first):
Bosch
SMS65E22GB
£497

Siemens
SN26M253GB
£510

Bosch
SMS65E28GB
£533

Bosch
SMS65E12GB Exxcel
£519

Bosch
SMS69L22GB
£489

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back