Bosch Exxcel 1400 Washing Machine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I hope someone can help. Our Bosch washing machine stopped spinning, it would go to 11 mins left and then immediately drop down to 1 minute. We contacted a local man who came along, sucked through his teeth and said it could be either the motor or the front panel. I queried whether it could be the brushes and he said he would look at them. Sure enough they were totally worn with one not making contact with the motor. He took the motor away and said he would replace them. The repair man was going away for the weekend and as I have a pile of washing my other half went along and picked up the motor and fitted it back into the machine. We tested it and it got to 8 minutes then dropped to 1 minute. We continued testing it through the evening and it gradually came down, it now gets to 6 minutes before it drops to 1 minute, but it is not reaching the full 1400 spin speed. Does anyone have any ideas what the problem could be? We cant afford to get the repair man in again!
Thanks.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back