Bosch Exxxcel SRS45E12GB/29 and red rod on pump switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a bosch Exxcel dish washer where the pump kept running, found that the float in the pressure chamber was stuck with lime scale, Taken it all apart and cleaned and the pressure chamber.
The dish washer appears to be working .
There are two parts which concern me.

1. the red rod can not get fully up to operate the pump switch, as the wings on the rod keep catching. If this by design??? can't see why as I thought the idea was to run the pump if overflow was detected in the pan

2. Also i have water in the pan

Can i clip the wing to allow the red rod to move freely, or are they there for a reason?

also should i have any water in the pans or do i have another leak ?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I take it your picture is before cleaning,note the position of the flood protection microswitch and do you have it the right position its probably not seated correctly.

thanks I worked that out late last night while staring at the photo and then realised the pump switch was straight, and now its on an angle and workd, i.e. I have the fixing pins on the left of the switch in the mounting holes and not above the switch.
Now everything works

I take there should be water in the base pan ?

I've realised that the base is not used as a sump, and should not contain water, I can't see any dripping when the machine is running, but there not much room to see. Any idea of common places on this machine for leaks

Sponsored Links
Can't see a drip at all , but about 45 minutes into the 115 minute cycle i found some more water in the base. If T turn the power switch off I head a dripping at the back (left may me) but cant hear a thing, also not sure if its the water i side the washing area or a leak
When tilting (always turning the machine off and unplugging it) the machine forward some water comes out of the venting holes at the front.

Also there appears to be moisture in the dispensing area but no sign of
dripping.

Any ideas where the leak is coming from...

with the machine unplugged, and water removed laying on its side, the waste hose keeps jumping and i hear a dripping, how do i get the hose off, there appears to be some wierd clip which i cant work out.

Also I had a look though the panel which takes water in and i cant see any signs on leaks

All i can see is a lot of lyme build up in the heat exchanger, especially above the waste pipes, cant even see which pipes can set water up to the maze part.

Tried again, and no leak until about 30-40 minutes from the end, when the rinse session starts, but now only a very small leak probably a few table spoons full.Still cant see where the water is coming from.

Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back