Bosch greendtar cdi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a bosch greenstar cdi boiler which is 2 years old.I keeop getting a "EA" fault symbol coming up.Bosch have replaced the circuit board twice and it has flashed back up after 48hours.Any ideas would be most welcome.
Thanks

Bryan

Sponsored Links
First idea is to call worcester back.

EA is a "failed to ignite fault"

Its obviously not the pcb. :LOL:

My first port of call is the condensate trap/pipework, if it is backing up you will get this fault.

Gas pressures need to be correct.

The negative pressure from the fan needs checking to see if the heat exchanger needs cleaning.

Could also be: Gas Valve, ignition electrodes, flue problem.

Have a look at the flue terminal, they have a habit of falling off and causing combustion problems.

Intermittant faults are a nightmare to sort i'm afraid.

Thanks for the quick reply,info very useful.Have got them coming round tomorrow.

Thanks again

Bryan

Sponsored Links
Had bosch come round this morning,read out the list of faults that Scatmanjohn had given to what could cause the problem,one being the water trap not getting rid of the water so it causes a build back,SURPRISE SURPRISE the engineer thought of that while driving to me!!!
He hadn't checked it last time.We moved the pipe so the water could run into the waste pipe easier.Hopefully this will cure it (fingers crossed!)Don't take offence,but I hope I don't have to post another message of help on here,but if I do I know where to come.Thanks for your expertise and knowledge.

Many thanks

Bryan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back