Bosch SG6302GB not draining fully . .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

my helpers at a big dinner over the weekend put the plates into the dishwasher without scraping them - damn!
dishwasher now not working, stuck on 14 mins left with the bottom full of water.
I scooped out water and removed filters, and then another bit that was screwed on to reveal the blades of pump?
I can't feel anything obvious in the blades, but they don't turn easily - their is resistance that I'm not sure is normal.
Next I removed the left hand side of machine to discover a bewildering arrray of plastic vertical pipes and seeminly no way of accessing the base of the unit.

HELP!

thanks

Huey

Sponsored Links
The model number is incorrect...please post the full e-number on the door lip.
The pump is supposed to have magnetic resistance, but it shouldn't stick or be very stiff to turn. You could have a clogged matrix/pressure chamber, transfer hose, sink spigot, piece of glass jamming the impellor, or the pump is history. The pump & transfer hose are accessible via a panel below the door.

The model number is incorrect...please post the full e-number on the door lip.
The pump is supposed to have magnetic resistance, but it shouldn't stick or be very stiff to turn. You could have a clogged matrix/pressure chamber, transfer hose, sink spigot, piece of glass jamming the impellor, or the pump is history. The pump & transfer hose are accessible via a panel below the door.

thanks Zipper. the full model number is SGS6302GB/7 . . .

how do I remove the panel underneath the door?

thanks again!

Huey

Go here http://www.bosch-home.co.uk/store/spareparts/Dishwashers60cmfreestanding/SGS6302GB/07 Click on "spare parts list & diagrams". On page 3 you will see the removable plate underneath the door. When it is taken off you can get to the pump & transfer hose. The pump is twist fitted (has a locking tag) & the transfer hose has o-ring fittings & just pulls out at each end. It is much easier to work on with the outer door skin removed (3 T20 torx screws each side of the door). If the transfer hose (or matrix/pressure chamber) look black & grotty they will need cleaning out. Otherwise check your sink spigot.

Sponsored Links
I left this but it didn't fix itself :)

I removed the panel under the door but all I see is another panel, it does have a hole in it with an up and down arrow that perhaps raises and lowers the base plate??? If so, it looks like it needs a special tool?

This machine has me totally bewildered! In comparison my Smeg dishwasher got a peice of glass stuck in its pump - 15 min job and it was fixed!

thanks for any help

Huey

OK, I took the door skin off and at least can now see the guts of the machine, . . . do I now remove the base??

thanks!

managed to twist 'the motor' out of it's housing without removing base, revealed nothing, now of course I can't get it back in. can't believe this machine is going to end up scrap - crazy!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back