Bosch SGS43C02GB/35

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have one of the above machines which has worked well for 4 years but now we find that the bottom rack is not being cleaned properly. I have checked the filters and the water passageways accessible from below the filter (from inside the dishwasher). I have also checked the spray arms for blockages and the pipework leading up to the top arm. All other aspects of the machine are fine(heating, draining, cycle time etc).

I don't know if it makes any difference but we don't use salt in the dishwasher - we live in a soft water area. None of our appliances "fur" up

Any ideas?

Thanks
Martin

Sponsored Links
Your machine may have an alternating valve which has jammed. You'd have to check your manual to make sure.
As to salt, don't matter whether or not you're in a soft water area, your dishwasher still requires salt to clean out the softener unit. No salt, blocked softener unit eventually.

Thanks for your reply. I have checked the manual but can't find any reference to an alternating valve - where is it likely to be located? what does it do?

Re the issue of salt - the manual for the machine tells us not to add salt as the hardness value is set to zero - do you think it is worth adding salt anyway?

Thanks
Martin

no need for salt if the regeneration is off (zero), your poor wash results is due to sump hose being blocked and prob pressure chamber blocked with food deposits also.

Sponsored Links
Thought about the transfer hose being blocked but ruled it out due to only the bottom rack not being cleaned, worth a look though.
If there is an alternating valve, it's part of the heater box.
Personally, I'd run the salt at the lowest setting to keep the softener unit working.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back