Bosch SGV4313GB/17 Dishwasher inefficient

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There,
I have a Bosch Dishwasher SGV4313GB/17 that is not washing properly !
I have cleaned out all the filters and the fault is still there
With both the drain pump and the Circulation pump working,
the top and bottom cleaning arms are not circulating as they
should and the water pressure is down .

Is this the Circulation pump that needs replacing, or maybe the
the impeller .

I read somewhere on the internet about some deverter valve
that is replaced.

From
Steve Hyde

Sponsored Links
First check and simplest is to check the nozzles on the spray arms they get blocked and so do not work.

Hi there ,
Thanks for replying I have cleaned the machine
arms as well and put white vinigar over night in
to soak the impeller ,the machine is crystal clean!

From
Steve Hyde

diverter covers the bottom spray arm .take the right hand side off and you will see motor on the bottom put mc on if motor is spining circ pump is ok ,it now means impeller and seal are faulty, not a easy job.

Sponsored Links
Hi Rocks1,
I would like to thank you all in taking the time and trouble
in helping us all out!

When you say right hand side where do you mean?

I have overiden the door switch taken out the dish racks
and taken out the bottom and top arms.

The water pressure from the circulation pump looks ok but
there is insufficient pressure to drive the arms.

from
Steve Hyde
Bosch SGV4313

Hi - Same symptoms as I had exactly. See post //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=178081 for details. This elicited a thunderous response of zero. Full saga of gungy pipe can be found on page 2 of //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=88593 which has generated a much livelier, though so far inconclusive debate.
A few things I've learned about Bosch machine from these pages are:
1) They go wrong quite a lot;
2) The obvious fixes like cleaning the spray arms never work (chances are they've already been done);
3) Even though the range of symptoms seems fairly limited there seem to be few definitive answers, even from the experts, as to what's gone wrong;
4) Some of the bits are so expensive and difficult to get to that it isn't worth the candle to do a repair (ie machine has to be dismantled down to its component atoms).
After nursing our machine along for a year or more I finally threw in the towel and bought a replacement. Life's just too short to waste it with your head stuck in the back of an over-engineered contraption. At least the very nice gypsies who took the old one away will recycle it.

right hand side panel ,unclip lid 3 screws down the side and side panel is off ,motor is down the bottom thats circ pump if its spinning on wash its the impeller and seal if not moving pump gone

Hi There,

Thanks for your patience,

What is the best way to tackle the impeller and seal job.
Does anyone know where there is a downloadable manual
or something?

no manual trade only not a easy job to do total strip down ,tub comes out door off ,wires off panels off. bosch take about 1 hr to do parts are not cheap .check price of parts on google then see if its the circ pump or seal kit which is attached to circ pump .

On further investigation I discovered that if I added to the amount
of water in the bottom of the machine the pressure comes back to
normal, which rules out the impellor.

So the machine is not filling sufficiently to wash properly,
I have increased the water pressure and is still the same

Do the Bosch non return valves go faulty?

From Steve Hyde

Hi again. Exactly the same symptom I had if you read my original post (see link above). My impression was that it wasn't so much the machine failing to fill, but the pump going into overdrive. You could hear it pulsing away long after the water level had been lowered and it never used to pump for such a long time when it was new. As I say - just an impression.
If you ever get to the bottom of this please post the answer to the problem. I'm sure we can't be alone.

Hi cmother1,

I am not giving up on this one , I will let you know what happens!

Steve Hyde

Hi chris,
Not yet I am still in cyber space at the moment trying
to get info ,and god it's hard ,and a nagging wife to boot.

What a life!

I will keep you posted!

Steve H

Hi Chris ,
I have found the problem and was no thanks to cyberspace.
I just pulled the dishwasher out and took the left side off looking from the front and there it was, the problem !
It was the Aquastop pressure chamber,which monitor the amount of water going into the machine and stops when the pressure of water is correct by means of a float and micro switch.the first chamber had a
black calcified mess at the bottom and was flooding over to the second chamber so the machine thought it was overfilling and activating the second micro switch which operates the drain pump.I took all the filters out of the machine and found the hole and hose which leads to the pressure chamber ,then I got some 13amp ring cable stripped it back
and fed the wire until I could see it at the chamber and with some manipulation managed to free the blockage.
It cost me nothing but a Saturday morning ,and I am so pleased and no
more nagging from the wife.
http://www.espares.co.uk/part/dishwashers/bosch/p/1083/856/0/0/486270/dishwasher-pressure-chamb.html
Have a nice life !
Goodbye from Steve Hyde

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back