Bosch SMS5032 Dishwasher Very Slow Filling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently my 11-year old Bosch SMS5032GB/11 has started filling very very slowly. The water trickles in at each fill, however once the water is in, it runs normally. As a result the cycle takes 3 or 4 hours.

I have checked:
- the water pressure at the supply tap is fine.
- the filter at the tap connector does not look blocked, and I brushed it to make sure.

Does anyone know where I should look next, and/or whether it is possible to download parts diagrams, troubleshooting diagrams or anything else useful to help me diagnose and fix it?

It has been heavily used for the last 7 of its 11 years and I have only had one other problem with it - the plastic door handle broke.

I am quite happy to replace any parts, if I know which. I am an electrician and have repaired washing machines (and cars) so I'm willing to give it a go.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
assuming the fill hose is not kinked it is probably the fill valve, i would suggest you try changing it (also check its discharge pipe is clear)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back