Bosch washing machine does not complete the full cycle

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HELLO
I have a Bosch WFF1800gb, recently changed the water outlet valve but now it does not complete its full cycle. I leaves soapy water in, the have to set it to another programme to get the soap out but then it does not spin properly. then again have to set it to spinning programme to get the water drained. Please advic what needs to be done? Much appreciated.
Mohrah

Sponsored Links
When you say you changed the outlet valve do you mean a solenoid valve on the machine or a water valve for the supply? Did it work fine before you changed it? How old is the machine & have you checked the pump filter for possible blockages? Look on the door sticker & post the full E-number...it should look something like this WFF1800GB/11. Many questions I know...but this is for your benefit not mine ;)

Hi
Thank you for your reply. I think it was the solenoid valve which is in the top right hand position. The machine number is Wff1800GB/900rp, it was bought in 1996. We have had no problems with it until now. After replacing the valve, it runs ok but it does not complete the full washing cycle. We hav enot checked the filter yet but we will at the weekend. I have to set the machine to wash first, then set another programme to rinse then another prog to spin because it retains water in. I thought the programmer was faulty but not sure now. Please advice. Is it worth the repair.
Thanks
Mohrah

When you say you changed the outlet valve do you mean a solenoid valve on the machine or a water valve for the supply? Did it work fine before you changed it? How old is the machine & have you checked the pump filter for possible blockages? Look on the door sticker & post the full E-number...it should look something like this WFF1800GB/11. Many questions I know...but this is for your benefit not mine ;)

In all probability it is a simple issue to resolve. Check the pump & filter (the pump impeller should turn with a noticeable magnetic resistance & no up/down slack). Then take a look at the motor brushes for excessive wear. Either can cause the symptoms you describe.

Sponsored Links
Sorry to hijack this thread, but I have a very similar problem with my machine and it's driving me crackers! Its model number is WFB1605GB/11FD7601. The cycle starts fine, then the water drains fine and the machine spins midway through the cycle, but when it gets towards the end it won't drain the water anymore and as soon as it hits the point where it should spin the machine just stops with water still left in it. It's a bit like the timing is off, i.e. the machine thinks the cycle has finished when it hasn't.
The pump works fine midway through the cycle, I've cleaned the filter at the bottom right and checked the impeller, which seems fine. Have run out of things to try, so could really do with some help. :(
Many thanks indeed,

Tanya

Check the motor brushes for excessive wear. There are many posts/links on the forum describing this subject.

thanks. have read other posts and i think i sort of know what i'm doing. will have a look at the brushes tomorrow.

thanks again.
Tanya

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back