Bosch WFF 1201

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

First post here, I've had a good look on the boards and found some similar problems, but not the exact same, so here goes...

Our Bosch WFF 1201 is 10 years old and has been an absolute star, no problems at all. However, just recently it has been skipping the final spin because it is not pumping out the water. (ie when its finished it's still full of water) sometimes it also skips through the rinse cycle, I'm guessing for the same reason (ie water still present)

I've checked the filter, all fine, cleaned and checked hoses, again all fine.

When the machine gets stuck on the pump out, a hefty kick in the pump location jolts it into life and the thing carries on through the cycle. (needs must with 2 kids about!!)

So my question is, is the pump itself on its last legs, or is it some other problem (electrics etc)? Could it be a build up of sand in the pump ? (the kids have sandy clothes often)

We don't want to get rid or replace, we want to get this one back on track.

Any pointers at all would be most helpful

Cheers
Steve

Sponsored Links
Almost certainly worn drain pump sticking.Remove the filter and see if there is any movement in the pump impellor.

The impellor does rotate when you push it. Do you think its not moving freely enough when in operation?

Not so much rotating, but up down and sideways movement of the impellor.

Sponsored Links
Yes, you're right. It does move up and down and side to side a small amount.

Does that mean a new pump or are the impellors replaceable?

Thanks

The impellor is part of the pump. If you get a new pump it comes complete with the filter as well.

Many thanks,

Just one more question, looking online for replacement parts there is a huge variance in price between Bosch products and other brands.

Is it wise to go with Bosch or can anyone recommend any decent alternative brands?

Cheers

Bosch are now using Plaset Italian pumps,so just go for whats cheapest.

Well I bought the new pump online and fitted it last night without any problems whatsoever.

The lovely WFF 1201 is purring like a beauty today.

Many thanks assuhors for your posts, they helped tremendously.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back