bosch wvf 2402

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
have a bosch wvf 2402 washer dryer. washing machine is fine, but dryer does not work at all anymore. drum spins and turns as it should when dryer is active, but i do not hear any dryer fan. i can hear the little timer making its way slowly to zero. it also seems no heat is being produced. what part do i need? thanks.

Your post has been split, please read the forum rules.

Sponsored Links
dont think so, there is no whirring of the dryer fan anymore. cannot take the lid off so easily as property has been let out! have looked on bsh appliance care and new fan is 140 pounds, so at that price might as well buy a new machine.

The fan motors get stuck on this model,needs removing and greasing seal under fan.

Sponsored Links
unfortunately that did not help. took out the fan motor and cleaned out the gunk underneath it. tried powering on dryer while motor was out of its seat, did not operate at all.
might it be the capacitor that the fan wiring loom runs to?

did you take the fan off the shaft?It is held on by small screw.sticking seal is visible after fan removed.

yes, i turned power and dryer on while the fan was out but still connected, and there was no movement of the blades.

i do not have a meter, but there is definitely power to the machine as the drum turns.
i would like to test the power to the motor fan from the wiring loom, but do not have the necessary equipment. i guess at this stage i will have to call someone in. dont fancy being fried!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back