Boss white on potable water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I plumbed my new sink in the kitchen about 2 months ago and I though I used Boss Green on two of the joints (1 for hot and 1 for cold). In garage having a tidy up yesterday and came across the tub and released it was boss white which states it is not suitable for potable water.
The tub states it is "non-toxic" so should I be worried? is it more to do with taste. As mentioned I thought it was the potable jointing compound so it was an accident. Is it worth me undoing the joints and trying to remove all the compound, it was a couple of months ago so I suppose if it was dangerous I would already be in trouble. Read in a forum somewhere that Boss white used to be used on potable water all the time before the new regs came out and as mentioned it does say it's non toxic, just confused why it shouldn't be used on potable water.

Sponsored Links
Read in a forum somewhere that Boss white used to be used on potable water all the time before the new regs came out

Lead used to be used to make pipes out of before new regs came out as well...neither will do you much harm in small quantities, but you'll know to check next time

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back