Bought a washing machine - can't fit it anywhere

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I just moved into a new house with a small kitchen which is really badly laid out. Today I got my washing machine delivered and it couldn't be connected because the only space beside the sink was taken up by the cooker, a hardwired model.

Even if I could move the cooker to accomodate the washing machine, the only available space is beneath wooden units sloppily put by the council for a previous tenant. At the very least they would get covered in steam all the time and at worst be a fire hazard.

Do I have any options if I want to install the washing machine that don't involve getting rid of a cooker altogether?

Sponsored Links
Did you not measure things before purchasing it?

If bought online contact the suppliers about sending it back straight away - you only have 7 days from date of delivery to do this.

Then get the tape measure out and plan your kitchen before spending lots of money.

heeelllooo and welcome topical :D :D :D

if your talking a washing machine for clothes the steam and fire comments are unfounded you can put wood in the oven on highest setting and its unlikely to catch on fire

do you have an auxiliary area [hallway/bathroom/outhouse]will water and sewage connections ??

ask the neighbours where there washing machine are
[both in there houses and in yours if they know]

Sponsored Links
Here in Hungary, most people have the washer in the bathroom but I don't know what you are allowed to do in a council house. I think I would ask the council for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back