Bought House, Electric Shower awful (Triton t200re)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

We've recently bought a house which has a "Triton T200RE" fitting in the upstairs bathroom. Its absolutely feeble when it comes to a warm shower. I've done some basic flow tests and have come up with:

When shower it set to full cold

Filling 2L bowl ~ 20 seconds.

When shower is set to the temp we use for showering

Filling 2L bowl ~ 45 seconds.

We would be perfectly happy with the pressure that the shower runs at when it's running cold. Its at the point where the missus is using a jug to wash her hair when showering atm!

I'm assuming that replacing this unit will help with the pressure difference? Its at the other end of the bath from the taps otherwise we would simply fit a mixer set to the current taps.

Can people tell me if getting a higher rated shower will let us get the pressure to where we want it? I realise it may be a big job as this is a flush mount shower where the internals are underneath the bath or some such. So i'm going to need a new cable run etc.

Thanks very much.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back