Low pressure on specific times on Triton t200re

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have triton t200re and from time to time like 9am or 10pm, the shower is often low pressure. Is there any suggestion on why this is happening ?

Last night the shower is finally broken (only cold water comes out eventhough the low pressure light was off) and im looking at the replacement. Now Im facing two options : buying another electric shower with the risk that the old problem (low pressure from time to time) or getting a power shower or maybe there is such thing as 'pumped' electric shower ? Any suggestion please ? Thank you.

Sponsored Links
At peak usage times when lots of toilets are flushing, showers and baths running etc, water pressure/flow can be reduced. Especially in some older houses that have been converted into flats, cheaply, with water main set ups that are awful.

Check your water at other outlets throughout the times that you think it is happening, if they are doing the same, you can safely presume it wasn't your shower. If it isn't happening, happy days, but if it happens to your kitchen cold tap, shower at different times (3-4am should be good!)

Hi, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately the problem persists. Its been more than ayear and still the same problem. Is that normal?

Anyway, the shower is no practically only produce only cold water at any time so i assume it is broken now. So u think if i replace it with a new electric shower, i will still get the same problem (low pressure at certain times) ? If so, what would be a solution for this? Thank you.

shinares, I think you need to check the pressure/flow on your other cold water outlets first, at the times you say are low pressure normally. Without this I can't really say what it is to be honest, only assume. I'd like to hope it was just the shower, for your sake.

If you've got access to a flow cup, this will give you a reading that you can use when selecting a suitable electric shower.

http://www.cranefords.com/product744-Anton-Flowmate-Scale-Flow-Cup

Sponsored Links
Hi emerylloyd,

I havent checked the water pressure using such device however since the first time i move in here i didnt notice any change in water pressure on other taps when the shower is in "low pressure condition". Any suggestion ?

Looking back, can you even read from the display if it is running in "low pressure" now its broken?

Have you tried any isolation valves and even your mains stopcock to ensure they are open properly?

There are such things as pumped electric showers by the way.

Hi Emerylloyd, No there is no "low pressure" sign on the display but the water is still cold? Ive tried to open and colse from the water input to the shower unit. When i close it, it shows low pressure and obviously no water comes out and when i open it, no low pressure sign on the display but the water comes out cold only.

So using pumped electric shower can help? I found this triton 80si from plumbworld and it says its tank fed? Does that means i would need to have hot water all the time at the hot water tank? My waer system is gravity with tanks in the loft and a hot water tank downstairs

OK, this is the Triton shower with the remotely located heater part yes?

This has a safety pressure relief type valve inside, check the overflow pipe from the remote unit to see if it has water coming out? If so it may be suffering from internal scale, scale on the shower head and hose also.

This shower is discontinued I believe, so unsure on spares availability. It doesn't seem to be a pressure issue if your other taps are ok, and the above symptoms cause the low pressure warning. So this will make picking a new shower not as hard, and no need for pumped either.

Hi emerylloyd,

Thank you for the suggestion. Now u mentioned it there is some water coming out from the pipe off a brass-covered plastic tube. So does it mean this shower is damaged by scales? This shower has been around for many years it seems so the poasibility for it to have scales is very likely. So should i go for a normal electric ahower then? Thank you.

Without seeing it I can't say for sure obviously, but there is clearly something wrong. It may be possible to have a plumber diagnose the exact part, I had a quick search of the internet and it appears some parts are still available.

Again, without seeing it, I can't recommend and exact shower. Replacing it with Tritons latest model of the version you have would be easiest if it's all fairly similar install wise. If not, a new shower would be recommended and fitted, I recommend Mira, but it's up to you and your budget to be honest.

Perhaps get a scale reducer fitted to shower supply at the same time.

Hi emerylloyd, i managed to replace it with a new triton shower Pietra. So far it works fine and no low pressure last night. Fingers crossed it will stay that way. Thanks! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back