boulter boiler 70/90-not resetting after fuel starvation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we ran out of oil (hubby didn't realise bead on indicator was stuck!) but since getting new supply delivered, the boiler won't fire. discovered a red button inside the boiler casing (we don't have a manual as this is rented house) and have tried holding it in for a minute or so, and boiler fires up but only for a matter of seconds then dies. any suggestions- i am freezing here!!!

Sponsored Links
dont hold button in. just press it once burner should start.....then prob go to lockout again.

the pump needs bleeding. ......spanner.......rags..........kerosene.........leaks.........etc

:LOL:

You have a Riello burner. I could help as I'll probably be up at the end of the month, but you might want it fixing before then. :cool:

Get a 15mm spanner (well it usually is), then turn the oil tap in the boiler off.
Undo the connector where the oil pipe goes into the pump on the burner. Then remove the connection. I suggest you wear rubber gloves as the oil stinks when you're trying to eat your brownies with oily fingers.

put the end of the pipe into a container and run the oil into it until it flows smoothly, then turn off the oil tap.

Refit the connector and tighten up.

The boiler should start ok after a couple of goes, just make sure you turn the oil on.

Check for leaks at the joint you think you have done up tight enough.

Can anyone help me on how to bleed my boiler. It ran out of oil for about a week and has an airlock. I've tried to bleed it with pressing the red button but no joy.
The boiler is Boulter Economy boiler.
Will this be a simple task or should i call someone out to sort it??
Please help my house is freezin!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back