Bow Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i'm hoping to be able to fit a 4 frame rehau bow window myself but cant find any information as how to do it and intuition is no help.
have fixed frame adapters to frames but cant work out how to fix frames to bay pole as drilling through frame into pole seems the only way,
below is an image of the Variable Angle Baypoles.

does any one know of a site with bow window construction info search myself but cant find anything other than window fitting firm
thanks for your time

Sponsored Links
If you have the aluminium trims screwed to the side of the frames, you offer the "ball" on the side of the frame into the "socket" of the bay pole and when you pull the frames round to the desired angle, they "lock" together by means of the tab on the frame pieces going into the slots on the poles.

Personally I'd drill the frame from the inside (rebate), through into the pole and put a screw or three in as well.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

thanks for the reply , i see what you mean about the nibs locking in place unfortunately the angle is too shallow to let the nibs lock in so the frames just pull, make that fall apart :)
so looks to be drilling through the frame into the baypole darn it was hoping i wouldn't have to do that as means i have to get the angles right first time knowing my luck one of the joins is going to be out .well fingers crossed

Your cill will dictate the angle so screw down into that and up into the roof, no need to screw into the poles

Sponsored Links
Don't bother with the poles. Ask for the frame heights to be reinforced, screw the frames together, foam the gaps and cover with flexi angle trim. This way you get less pvc and more glass.

thanks for the responses ,will make up a roof up and do as you suggest fix the frames to both cill and roof ,however think i may screw into the baypole too as on the two frames with openers where the adapter meets the baypole the frame curves the adapter so it doesn't but up snugly on the two without openers can push out the curve with with window and spacers :)

"the Bullet"
wish id asked this before id had the windows delivered as sounds easier the way you suggested than messing about with thes poles

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back