Box Gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am about to start building my kitchen extension, but I am having trouble finding much literature on box gutters to answer some queries i have.

I wanted to use my neighbours party wall as my own external wall, for better insulation for us both and to save myself some inches on the width of my extension. but this would give my wall a width of 200mm, 100mm cavity, 100mm blockwork, to rest my roof rafters on and also to fit my box gutter. Now what Im trying to find out is, is that possible? or do I need to build a 2 course wall, which would give me an extra 100mm of width to the wall to rest the rafters and box gutter on.

Does anybody know any good books I can refer to for any help on this matter?

Sponsored Links
If the party wall is sound structurally, and no dampness then you could use it with their agreement. You would just insulate it internally as appropriate

That double pitch roof design has some maintenance and buildability issues with that gutter. So a mono-pitched roof may be better - sloping up to the party wall same as that rear wing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back