boxer van key code

it possible to do it yourself.
Uplug the multipin plug from the top of the immobiliser on the pump. One of the pins will be live when you turn ignition to position 2 (or whatever it is when the dash lights come on). Remember which wire this is.
Then, you need to physically break off the immobiliser casing and circuit board from the pump. Once this is done, you'll be left with the brass fuel shut off solenoid with a single pin connection to it.
Connect the live wire from earlier to this, and bobs your uncle, immobiliser bypassed.
It can be a right pig of a job, but it more time consuming getting to the solenoid because of the shear bolts ( a dremmel or die grinder is really needed).
Thats pretty much all there is to it

Sponsored Links
Hello again, spoke to a mechanic who mot's and does work on my van and told him about the problem. I dropped the van off on tuesday morning, i've just called in to see how its going and its ready to pick up. He has had the pump off and disconnected the immoboliser and even got the "key code" light out on the dash (probably took the bulb out).Cost of this work was £140 so ive saved myself a good few quid.
Just thought ive keep all those interested up to date and thanks again to Skippster 76 for his help and advice.

Hi - I know it's a while ago but I've got the same problem with my van. Do you have a contact for this mechanic who solved your problem? Thanks, Pete

hi neo,is the immobiliser casing and the circuit board on the end of the fuel pump, and the immobiliser on the top of the pump as seen looking from top of engine. ive got a boxer,2002 2000cc with yellow immobiliser box under dash.i hope you can help me, kind regards pat. please email me at [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Back