Renault Kangoo Key problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a Kangoo 2nd hand, there was only one key supplied, this was the master key which covered the central locking and the immobiliser. The pushbutton switch has broken from the printed circuit card, I am struggling to resolder this since I can't see the position where it has broken from. Currently I can only operate the doors manually, the immobiliser just continues to flash and I can't start the engine. This is a one button plip key and I don't have the "card" which apparently gives the code for defeating the immobiliser. This an 02 model Kangoo.

I have been quoted £110 just for a new key, then £30 for recoding at the local dealer.

I propose to buy a 2nd hand key from e-bay which looks the same; but probably need to have this key, and the immobiliser recoded at a Renault dealer. Ideally I'd like to drive the Kangoo there - anyone have any tips for defeating the immobiliser temporarily to allow this? or do I need to call in the AA or RAC to do this, or transport the van to a dealer for the recoding? or is it even necessary for a dealer to carry out the decoding?

Sponsored Links
You should be able to get the code from Renault as long as you provide proof of ownership. Some manufactures charge for this service if they do it's only about £20

Sponsored Links
Back