Boxing around pipes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have created a box around central heating pipes etc in a kitchen, but the wall is slightly convex which means the 3 battens used are not in a flat plane.

Has any one any suggestions on how to best fix the plywood cover without it bulging in the middle or there being a gap at one end (depending on which two battens it touches).

The only way I have thought of doing it is to put in wooden spacers between the battens and the plywood cover.

Sponsored Links
hhheeelllooo and welcome gromit :LOL: ;)

working on the principal that the sides of the boxing in is following the profile of the wall and the front of the cover is 7mm [quarter inch] or less it should bend to fit the sides [not quite sure about the 3 points bit

you either make a strait run with a paralel front edge or you follow the contours of the wall with a similar profile :rolleyes: ;)
if i am misunderstanding i am sorry :LOL:

big-all said:
hhheeelllooo and welcome gromit :LOL: ;)

working on the principal that the sides of the boxing in is following the profile of the wall and the front of the cover is 7mm [quarter inch] or less it should bend to fit the sides [not quite sure about the 3 points bit

you either make a strait run with a paralel front edge or you follow the contours of the wall with a similar profile :rolleyes: ;)
if i am misunderstanding i am sorry :LOL:

Thanks I have opted for the straight edge approach and placed small wedges where the panel is fixed to the battens. Seems OK now.

Thanks for your help:cool:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back