'Boxing in' a combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(This has also been posted in the plumbing section)

We have recently had a new boiler fitted in the kitchen (Baxi 105e). It sits on the wall in the corner of our kitchen about 12" or so above the kitchen worktop.
The "ball and chain" has decided that she would like me to make up some sort of cupboard using MDF panels which matches the rest of the kitchen units to box in the boiler and effectively conceal it from view.
There is a large flue which exits the house above the boiler (near to the ceiling) and a lot of plumbing underneath.
I think I am going to have to 'box in' the whole corner of the room around the boiler unit and fit a hinged door for access to the boiler.

Does anybody have any tips they would like to share for this type of job before I go ahead and buy the MDF panels?

I am also concerned that if I box in the boiler unit does this mean that the boiler will not breathe properly. In other words - Do I need to modify my new units and include some sort of ventilation panel so that the boiler isn't starved of oxygen? Might sound like a stupid question I suppose but doesn't the boiler need constant ventilation to burn properly? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
The user literature will tell you the ventilation requirements.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back