Brake parts brands

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Always gives me a headache trying to choose discs and pads for my cars!
In reality most of the big players are ok but what do you favour?
last set I bought were pagid from euro car parts and to be honest the quality is ok but I’ve heard as they are now the sole distributor for these quality has gone downhill.
My local factors stocks a brand called einbach which are coated discs and seem pretty good to be fair.

Sponsored Links
For me, it's Febi Bilstein which are also marketed under the Blueprint brand for both pads and discs.
Einbach are ok, I've just fitted some rear brake shoes - but you get what you pay for, I think.
John :)

Brembo for me.
I remember the first time i fitted brembo discs and pads on my passat a few years ago and the car was stopping great.
They last longer then other as well in my experience.
Tried pagid once and was very disappointed.
Never tried febi, although it's one of my favourite brand for other parts.

Sponsored Links
I’ve just fitted Textar discs and pads and they seem okay but only done a few miles so far. Textar are an OEM to European car makers.

From what I’ve researched

Blueprint Good
Brembo Good
Textar Good
Mintex Hit and miss
Pagid Hit and miss
Eicher Junk
Bosch Good
Ferodo Good
Ate Good
Apec Good
Trw Good
Delphi Good

From what I’ve researched

Blueprint Good
Brembo Good
Textar Good
Mintex Hit and miss
Pagid Hit and miss
Eicher Junk
Bosch Good
Ferodo Good
Ate Good
Apec Good
Trw Good
Delphi Good
I don't think that's too far out, but I would put Brembo as hit and miss.

Never had any issue with febi

I don't use my brakes much and never need to buy. OEM is pretty good.
Would you use oe on a Ford ka for example ? 1 of those specific cases where aftermarket are a much better option. It's not always about price

Have you ever tried brembo brakes?
In my experience they're the best value for money.
They stop my 2 ton Audi better than oe.
Yes. I change brakes most days of the week.

Ime brembo are not as good as they were 10 years or so ago. Poor fit, poor for noise and low mileage in a lot of cases now. In some quite good. Hence the hit and miss.

I don't choose them unless my other preferences are not available because of the reliability of quality issues.

I believe they are now only an own brand issue in UK now, so I think the quality has suffered.

I find Mintex pretty good for the money.

Brembo make some fantastic stuff, but I think they're doing a bit of "value engineering" of late. I got some Brembo coated rear discs and pads for my old Alfa. Also a new handbrake cable and reconditioned calipers, but the bloody thing only JUST scrapes through the MOT on handbrake. I'm beginning to think the pads have the wrong coefficient of friction, but can't be fagged swapping them again.

Sponsored Links
Back