Brand new bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a brand new bathroom installed. It was not an easy job as our house is very old and spirit levels were not invented when the property was built, but it is our retirement home and we wanted to update it in preparation.

However, the tiling was superb,but the shower bath installation was not. The plumber got the fall of the water totally wrong and to install the bath,he had to put in on 2" blocks of wood. This now means that the side bath panel is 2" off the floor and to me looks unsightly.

We had to call him back 4 times to see to a leaky radiator. :( and it was only by chance that I happened to notice that the new washbasin and pedestal were not linked together, :eek: :eek: and had to call in a someone else to get the job done properly or run the risk of the washbasin coming off the wall onto someone's foot. As a result of this I refused to pay the final payment to the original plumber. :mad: :mad:

This still leaves me with a huge gap under the bath panel. :(

I've tried searching for a company that may make a deeper panel but no luck. :(
Has anyone any ideas on how this can be solved please? as we are completely stuck. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Get some white PVC make up strip, stick it to batten screwed to the floor and a silicone bead on the join where it meets the panel.

I'm confused - how can he have got the bath fall wrong since the rim of the bath only has to be level and the fall inside will take care of itself :confused:

As fof the panel, as indicated this can be covered by white plastic trim or even some skirting board. Depends on what sort of panel you have there.

I'm confused - how can he have got the bath fall wrong since the rim of the bath only has to be level and the fall inside will take care of itself :confused:

As fof the panel, as indicated this can be covered by white plastic trim or even some skirting board. Depends on what sort of panel you have there.

Sorry daneski88, I should have mentioned :oops: that the bathroom is on the groundfloor, and the outflow pipe was measured by the plumber and a hole had to be drilled through our 3' thick stone wall. The hole should have been at least an inch lower than it was to get the flow right.

Many thanks anyway.

Annemari

Sponsored Links
Get some white PVC make up strip, stick it to batten screwed to the floor and a silicone bead on the join where it meets the panel.

Thanks 1john, not sure, but will ask, if this will work!!, as the bath panel is a curved type, and the new bathroom flooring is the non-slip type used in hospitals/carehomes etc. I worry about that spliting from the batten screws as it was a mighty expensive piece of flooring. :confused:

Many thanks for your helpful suggestion.

Annemari

Ah, one of those old houses :eek:

Making it look ok isn't much of a problem. Sounds like you have a bit of a step up into the bath now, ho hum :confused:

As for the plastic trim - this is quite flexible and could be glued and taped onto the bath panel while the glue sets overnight. Bit of silicon and bobs your uncle

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back