brand new honeywell 3 port valve not closing heating port

I saw them cut pipe work above it and cut cable for old one to rewire new one. Saw old valve in box,are you saying they could have only replaced head on old valve. cheeky monkeys better not have :evil:

Sponsored Links
can you take the lid off check it while it moves see if both the springs are on etc.

yes the casing it's held on by a small screw on the end and the casing comes l off.
just watch it operate, and check the springs are connected.run it through calling for heating, hw/heating etc.

Sponsored Links
will check it in the morning keep waking my son up HW tank in his room poor fella.
Thanks

what the silver casing?do i need to put HW and CH on?
yes the silver casing. No, turn the power off then move the end lever to "man" and lock it in pos. Remove the cover, there will be two screws (in oposite corners) that hold top and body together.
Check the spindle moves freely (with a small spanner)

hi need a bit more help please I'm sure valve is wired incorrectly but where white should go into junction 5 in 12 way junction (danfoss wb12) with wire from room stat problem is mine's a wireless room stat so its not wired into junction box goes to programmer. Can white be there on its own.
Any help would be great thanks :unsure:

heating on from programmer go's to com on room stat wireless receiver
other terminal go's to white of valve.
so no shouldn't be on its own should be another wire with the white.
what wireless room stat have you ?

with no white connected you won't get heating.
and even with hw only on this won't cause water to pass to the heating port.

Took cover off remote unit on room stat B goes to CH on A CH off :!: think maybe I need a sparks. Nightmare.

Took cover off remote unit on room stat B goes to CH on A CH off :!: think maybe I need a sparks. Nightmare.

get a engineer who knows heating systems sparks are pretty thick when it comes to heating systems.

ch off is not used on a y plan.
do you want a y plan diagram ?
is that what he done or has always been like that ? amazed how you haven't blown the programmer.

I'm confused I've lived here ten years never touch ch system until 3 months ago all started from boiler service had room stat fitted about a month ago if it's so wrong how can it have work for years. Don't fancy sorting it out for me do you I'm in Essex too.
Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back